The Committee on Resident Education is accepting applications for volunteers to serve on the committee. The committee’s mission is to address issues of resident education in surgery, including the educational environment, characteristics of the resident population, graduate surgical education curricular issues and competency, and faculty development as educators.
To be eligible for consideration, please send a letter expressing your interest in becoming a member of this committee and an updated CV to Brad DeFabo Akin (email@example.com) by August 15, 2022.
Medical Student Travel Award to Clinical Congress – Deadline July 22
The ACS Division of Member Services created an award for one medical student interested in surgery to attend four days at Clinical Congress 2022 in San Diego, CA. Registration and travel expenses will be reimbursed up to $2,000 (with applicable receipts).
Application Terms and Requirements:
- This award is only open to domestic medical student members transitioning into surgical residency
- Applicants must be a current member of the American College of Surgeons
- Applicants must be in their final year of medical school and matched into surgical residency program
- The award recipient must upgrade their medical student membership to residence status
- The awardee must join a RAS-ASC Committee of their choice and participate in conference calls leading up to Clinical Congress 2022
Application Process: Applications will be accepted online until 11:59 PM on Friday, July 22. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered. Apply here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MStravelaward2022