The New York Workers’ Compensation Board Drug Formulary (NY WC Formulary) becomes effective on December 5, 2019.
All new prescriptions for injured workers in New York State must be listed within the NY WC Formulary unless an alternative medication has been approved through the NYS Workers’ Compensation Board’s new prior authorization process.
The new electronic prior authorization process will soon be available through the Board’s Medical Portal; please watch for the notification.
Please visit the Board’s Drug Formulary Overview webpage for:
- An overview of the NY WC Formulary and the prior authorization process
- The latest version of the NY WC Formulary (effective 11/5/19)
- A video overview for Medical Providers
- A Quick Guide to the NY WC Formulary
- An NY WC Formulary Dashboard Guide for Medical Providers
Information and resources related to requesting prior authorization through the Board’s Medical Portal, can be found on the Board’s Medical Portal Overview webpage.
For more information or assistance: http://www.wcb.ny.gov/content/main/hcpp/DrugFormulary/overview.jsp