Step One - Register for the Immunization Information System:
Healthcare providers are strongly recommended to register in NYSIIS for providers in NYS, outside of NYC, and with CIR for providers located in NYC. This is because all COVID-19 Vaccination Program providers (each location submitting a profile) will need a NYSIIS account (for providers outside of NYC) or CIR account (for providers located in NYC). Your organization may currently have a NYSIIS or CIR account, but it is important to ensure that the appropriate staff have access.
Step Two – Enroll in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program:
- In addition to registering with NYSIIS or CIR, providers must enroll in the COVID-19 Vaccination Program. NYSDOH and NYC DOHMH are implementing a phased approach to provider enrollment and will notify healthcare facilities, providers and professional groups as each new group is opened for enrollment.
- Providers in NYS, outside of NYC, will enroll in the NYS COVID-19 Vaccination Program through the Health Commerce System application "COVID-19 Vaccine Program Provider Enrollment" and should review the NYSDOH COVID-19 Vaccination Program Enrollment Letter for guidance. Providers in NYC will enroll in the NYC COVID-19 Vaccination Program through the CIR.
- Networks with facilities or providers in both NYS and NYC should enroll their facilities or providers outside of NYC in the NYS COVID-19 Vaccination Program through the Health Commerce System and enroll their facilities or providers in NYC in the NYC Covid-19 Vaccination Program through the CIR.
Step Three – Ordering, Receiving and Administering Vaccine
- When COVID-19 vaccine is available, providers will order COVID-19 vaccine through NYSIIS (for providers in NYS, outside of NYC) and CIR (for providers in NYC). Orders will be reviewed and approved by NYS DOH and shipped directly from the vaccine manufacturer or CDC distributor.
- When vaccine is available, providers will monitor vaccine inventory; enter doses administered and/or perform data exchange (uploading and downloading data) between the provider's electronic health system and NYSIIS/CIR; enter vaccine returns and wastage; and generate reports for internal review (e.g. doses administered) in NYSIIS/CIR.
For questions, call the NYSDOH, Bureau of Immunization (518) 473-4437 or NYSDOH COVID-19 hotline 1-888-364-3065. Health care providers interested in learning more about the COVID-19 Vaccine Program may contact the NYSDOH at email@example.com. NYC providers with enrollment questions may contact NYC DOHMH at firstname.lastname@example.org or COVID-19: Vaccines.
For more information - click here